Followers

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Poetry on the run

This is a poetry by Pandit Narendra Mishra that was put up on a board in Moti Magri....... Praising the life of Maharana Pratap a valiant warrior king born in the soil of Rajasthan. I found it interesting because I have never before seen a poetry put up like that. Plus I kind of like the language used...... reminds me of Saint Meera's Bhajans.




The poem on the board is a prayer to the Lord asking him to give birth to more children like Rana Pratap so that powerful emperors like Akbar would lose their sleep...... like they had a snake under their pillow. 

Posting it in Saturday Photo Hunting - Signs, Weekly Photo Challenge : Lettering, Photoblog Challenges : Creative Project 18 : Words.

2 comments:

  1. So... is that Hindi? It looks pretty but, alas, I can't read it! ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! The first two lines are in Rajasthani, which is the local language. The second and third are the Hindi translation of the first two lines. I have given the literal translation in English under the pic. Cheers......

      Delete

What did you think of the pic???? Critical evaluation is welcome...... Would give me great pleasure to hear from all you photography lovers.