Followers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mr Tortoise

Saw this little fellow walking by totally unperturbed by my presence. As for me I thought this was an excellent photographic opportunity......... what followed was a full blown Tom and Jerry show. All my inhibitions about tortoises being slow were very very firmly put to rest by this little fellow...... and no he was definitely not camera shy..... quite the reverse. What I regret of that day is that I could not catch the tortoise yawning!!!! In case you're wondering..... "YES" tortoises do yawn.




18 comments:

  1. Awesome critter, thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    Visiting from Camera Critters. Crows is my entry this week. Hope you'd come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love turtles and I know they yawn and I know they can go high speed if there is something of their interest. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the patterns on the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute tortoise. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that they could yawn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute he is! I've seen them yawn, it's awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him!
    We don't have tortoises in my neck of the woods ... so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot -- I didn't realize they yawned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha...he's quite the cutie. I would have loved to see him yawn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is quite terrific!

    And so is the new header. Or at least I think it's new!

    It's so colorful and happy!

    thanks for a fun link.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of the pic???? Critical evaluation is welcome...... Would give me great pleasure to hear from all you photography lovers.