Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Z is for Zindagi

This is my version of Zindagi...... or life in Hindi. When I asked friends and family what came to them when I said Zindagi or Life, they said baby, old person, sleeping cat, etc etc. For me I saw life in the eyes of this woman who was sitting on a bullock cart going to sell sugarcane to the factory. She had traveled very far and had more because she still had to make a journey of 50 kms to Loni where she would be selling the sugarcane. But yesterday when I aimed my camera at her as she was driving a bullock cart, she gave me a smile which didn't make her look tired or anything that I would imagine. That is her life.......her trials of life. A lesson for me who cribs on almost everything I HAVE to do. This pic is an SOOC...... no editing of any kind has been done to it.


This pic won Most popular Photo Award in Look Who's Snapping. Thank you very much for appreciating my picture !!! I am truly honored !!!



This pic was also a winner in Photoblog Challenges : Theme 2 : Human Portrait. Thanks a ton!!!

29 comments:

  1. Some people have the ability to live life with grace. This lady seems to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful portrait. It does show her character. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a joyful life

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty smile.

    Zing is it for me. Hope you can visit and see. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her smile is very contagious!

    Zodiac is one of my entries. Come see it when you get a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful lady with a wonderful spirit that beams thru her smile. great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring person beautifully photographed. Zindagi, a wonderful word!
    HelenMac
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this photo.. and zindagi is great too when you see people like her! am following you now - love your photos always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello.
    This is the smile of humble beauty.
    Awesome shot!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Zealous For Your Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful reminder that people living hard lives still smile - the more we have the less we seem to smile! If it had been a 'celebrity' she would have charged for the photo.

    KalpanaS
    @ http://nowritehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, I love this photo! Beautiful portrait. I love the colors and mood. Thanks so much for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"! (p.s. - I'm your new GFC follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really captured her personality! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great entry to finish with
    http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/z-is-for-zinke/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Such a pretty smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such real beauty! thanks for linking up and sharing with us. i facebooked about this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a pretty smile!

    an exceptional shot!

    have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful image this is Ranu!
    She has a wonderful smile, and you have captured it perfectly.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Creative Exchange this week.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I simply adore this. I think you captured the woman and her story in that moment perfectly. Very National Geographic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, amazing! one that should be seen in photography magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photo is being featured at this week's "Look Whooooo's Snapping" photo linky party! Thanks so much for participating! I welcome you to link up again :)

    Breena
    mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Ranu,
    This beautiful portrait is among the winning pictures for this weeks theme.
    The colors and light are splendid. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of the pic???? Critical evaluation is welcome...... Would give me great pleasure to hear from all you photography lovers.